The WingtraOne VTOL mapping drone performs fast and efficient aerial surveys across areas that are hard-to-reach and produces reliable maps with the unparalleled resolution and with accuracy.
The drone comes already equipped with a choice of different Sony high-resolution cameras or alternatively the camera by MICASENSE, a professional and multispectral camera. The cameras can easily be swapped whilst on the field, thereby making that same drone suitable for many different applications. Using intuitive flight planning software and the fully autonomous flying operations, surveyors can capture any geo-tagged aerial images with virtually none piloting skills.
WingtraOne’s drone image outputs can be processed by all major photogrammetry software to create highly-accurate orthomosaics and also some 3D models.
VTOL take-off & landing
Map up to
400ha (988 ac) in a one-hour flight
0.7cm/px GSD (0.3 in/px) GSD
1cm (0.4 in) absolute accuracy
Vertical Take-off and landing (VTOL)
Take off and land like a helicopter, fly like an airplane with the vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capability allows the WingtraOne mapping drone to ascend and move like a helicopter. For the drone mapping, it transitions into a forward cruise flight, matching the endurance and speed of fixed-wing survey drones. In order to land, the WingtraOne switches back to hover flight and descends vertically.
Take-off and land anywhere
With this drone, confined forests or gravel terrain areas will not be obstacles anymore. WingtraOne lands anywhere anytime.
Manual adjustments and hover
Whilst all parts of the flight are autonomous, one can switch into manual mode and use the controller as easy as one does with any other drone.
No skills in piloting needed
It is equipped with autonomous vertical take-off and landing without human assistance.
No belly landings
A lot of other fixed-wing survey drone issues come from belly landings. To avoid these, one needs to use a vertical landing.
Mid and large scale aerial drone survey
Mapping made convenient
Because of its high-resolution cameras, the WingtraOne flies at a very high altitude and can still map a very large area even with a low GSD. With its fixed-wing design and its flight time, the WingtraOne drone makes it very possible to even complete large projects that were impossible with any other aircraft. Vast mines, forests, mountain ranges can be easily mapped with the WingtraOne drone in just a few hours.
59 min flight time
Map up to
400ha (988 ac) in a 1hr flight
The maximum flight time and coverage are different depending on the type of payload and environmental factors ( dense forests, different mountain ranges, rough terrain).
Minimize your time in the field
In a single flight, WintraOne can map almost two more times than a conventional fixed-wing drone and approximately up to 10 tp 15 times more than other multi-copter drones.
WingtraOne RX1R II
GSD:1.2cm/ px (0.5 in/px)
Best Drone Survey Equipment
Best-in-class equipment for the most accurate results
WingtraOne PPK sets the new benchmark for drone survey equipment. Thanks to its design, a professional drone PPK GNSS L1/L2 receiver, and high-quality mapping cameras, which includes the 42Mp full-frame Sony RX1RII, it is highly possible now to reach down to a 1cm with accuracy with an aerial survey drone.
The economical WingtraOne QX1 PPK combination guarantees absolute accuracy down to 3 cm (1.2 in) with the largest available coverage at 120 m (400 ft).
42MP Full-frame camera
PPK receiver for higher accuracy
0.7cm/px GSD (0.3in/px) GSD
1cm (0.4in) absolute accuracy
High-quality images -From a whole full-frame 42MP RGB to specialty cameras, the WingtraOne guarantees the best quality even in different applications
Modular payloads-You can quickly switch between the camera of your choice from an ultra-high res RGB to any other multispectral.
Down to 1 cm (0.4 in) absolute accuracy
Combine VTOL, the powerful Sony RX1RII 42 MP full-frame, and a PPK module from Septentrio, and you get the accuracy that was previously only possible with land survey equipment. Using a more affordable Sony QX1 PPK bundle, you get industry-standard down to 3 cm (1.2 in) absolute accuracy.
Absolute accuracy without GCPs
GCPs are no longer needed to get highly-accurate results. When verifying your results’ accuracy, place as few as three on the field and use them as checkpoints.
Map outputs -with the best cameras that this drone uses, it produces high-res/ high-precise drone map outputs.
|Drone Type|| Tailsitter vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) |
|Max. payload weight||800 g (1.8 lb)|
|Weight||3.7 kg (8.1 lb)|
|Wingspan||125 cm (4.1 ft)|
|Battery capacity||Two 99 Wh batteries (a pair of batteries required)|
|Radio link||Bi-directional 10 km (6 mi) in direct line of sight, keep in mind that obstacles reduce the range|
|Flight planning & mission control software||WINGTRAPILOT|
|Rugged Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2, water and dust resistant, MIL-STD-810-certified, pre-installed; interfaces to telemetry module and manual back-up controller|
|Flight speed||16 m/s (35.8 mph)|
|Wind resistance|| Up to 8 m/s (19 mph) wind speeds|
8 m/s (18 mph) wind speed measured on the ground corresponds to approximately 10 m/s (22 mph) surface wind
|Maximum flight time||Up to 59 min|
|Min. space for take-off and landing||2 m × 2 m (6.6 ft × 6.6 ft)|
|Temperature||-10 to +40 °C (14 to 104 °F)|
|Ground Control Points required|| No (with PPK option)|
Using 3 checkpoints to verify the accuracy is recommended
|Auto-Landing accuracy||< 5 m (< 16 ft)|
- READY TO FLY– the drone is ready for take-off in five minutes including the pre-flight steps when planning a mission.
- SMART BATTERIES-smart battery technology, they are good for carry-on luggage and are UN compliant with Li-ion Cells.
- AUTOMATED LAUNCH– It has a vertical take-off without human interaction, it is a no-hand and no-catapult drone.
- HIGH- PERFORMANCE MOTORS– It has 2 brushless motors that are light-weight and are also low-noise.
- TITANIUM GEAR SERVOS– It has a high speed and lightweight reliable flap actuation.
- ONBOARD COMPUTER– It provides a smooth workflow that is smooth and versatile.
- PAYLOAD FLEXIBILITY-It has a swappable camera with a single standard USB type C cable interface.
- REDUNDANT SENSORS-It has fully redundant sensors which are (IMU, GPS, MAGNETOMETER)
- QUAD- CONSTELLATION– it has 2 modules that exploit GPS AND glonass information too, They are ready for Galileo and BeiDou.
- PAYLOAD PROTECTION-It has a shock-free vertical landing that is fully integrated into WINGTRAONE.
- RADIO COMMUNICATION LINK- IN 10km range in direct line of sight.
| Max. expected coverage in one flight|
at 120 m (400 ft) altitude above take-off point*
| Sony QX1 + 20 mm|
270 ha (667 ac)
2.6 cm (1.0 in)/px GSD
210 ha (519 ac)
1.5 cm (0.6 in)/px GSD
| Max. expected coverage in one flight|
at 3 cm/px (1.2 in/px) GSD*
| Sony QX1 + 20 mm|
310 ha (766 ac)
141 m (463 ft) altitude
400 ha (988 ac)
234 m (768 ft) altitude
|Lowest possible GSD|| Sony QX1|
1.4 cm (0.55 in)/px
65.8 m (216 ft) altitude
0.7 cm (0.3 in)/px
55 m (180 ft) altitude
| Mapping accuracy with PPK|
Absolute accuracy (RMS), without GCPs
| Absolute accuracy (RMS) Sony RX1RII|
Horizontal down to 1 cm (0.4 in)
Vertical down to 2 cm (0.8 in)
Horizontal: down to 0.003 %
| Mapping accuracy without PPK|
| Absolute accuracy (RMS)|
3 to 5 m (9.8 to 16.4 ft)
Horizontal 0.15 %
DRONE MAPPING SOFTWARE AND ACCESSORIES
Flight Planning software
- WingtraPilot is the intuitive drone flight planning software managing WingtraOne’s data capture process. It is a powerful app that includes many ways to plan missions, as well as monitor and revise them during flight. It again also allows you to inspect the data output whilst on the field. It is specifically tailored for the WingtraOne, WingtraPilot is extremely easy to use without compromising on the features you need.
- When out carrying a drone mapping project, rain, wind, snow and high altitude can all be a part of the process. The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 is one of a new breed of tablets dubbed “rugged tablets,” which can withstand all these conditions.
- -MIL-STD-810-certified (military standard for durability during excessive pressure, temperatures, vibrations and drops)
- -IP68-rated for water and dust resistance
- -Anti-shock up to 1.2 m (4 ft) with in-box protective covering
- -Replaceable batteries through the back panel
- The Wingtra Pilot box is compact enough to qualify as carry-on luggage and can be used as a base station in the field. All of the drone survey equipment you need to fly the WingtraOne, including spare parts, is efficiently stored in this protective case. Your tablet, your remote control, telemetry, batteries, and charger can easily fit in the box and be safe.
- Included with the WingtraOne
- Ready-to-fly WingtraOne drone and carrying sleeve (with backpack option)
- Payload camera of one’s choice, fully integrated.
- A tablet with pre-installed WingtraPilot flight-planning software and
- a remote control and telemetry modules.
- Again 2 pairs of batteries,
- pilot Case for accessories and spare parts (1 pair of propellers, 1 pitot tube)
- -Hard case
- -Additional cameras
- When flying a drone, unforeseen circumstances may happen, for example, bad weather, or unforeseen events, human error amongst other things. This is why therefore one is encouraged to get insured for their drone to cover such risks.