The DJI Zenmuse Z3 Drone Camera and Gimbal is an integrated aerial zoom camera that is designed for still photography. It features 7x zoom constructed of 3.5x optical and 2x digital lossless zoom that creates a 22mm to 77mm equivalent focal length range. It offers an additional layer of stability to the yaw control with a custom-designed reaction wheel. It is again made from only the quality materials, making it durable and efficient to use.
You can capture still images at a resolution of 12 megapixels, while Adobe DNG RAW support allows for advanced image editing. Video can be captured at up to 30 frames per second in crisp 4K. It also features an integrated Lightbridge and Lightbridge 2 to provide an awesome 3.1mi (5km) of HD transmission range.
The DJI Zenmuse Z3 is an integrated aerial zoom camera based on DJI’s class leading Zenmuse X3 and optimized for still photography. A 7x zoom made up of 3.5x optical and 2x digital lossless zoom creates a 22mm to 77mm equivalent focal length range, making it super ideal for industrial applications.
ENHANCED YAW STABILITY
When a camera is zoomed then the smallest movements are magnified. This then adds an additional layer of stability to the yaw control of the Z3 is a custom-designed reaction wheel. This works in tandem with the normal yaw motor to allow for more refined movement.
Featuring the same highly refined Sony 1/2.3 inch sensor found on the DJI Inspire 1 2.0 and DJI Phantom 4, image quality is class-leading. Still, images can be captured at a resolution of 12 megapixels, while Adobe DNG RAW support allows for advanced image editing. Video can be captured at up to 30 frames per second in crisp 4K.
RAPID SETUP AND EXTENDED FLIGHT TIME
Flying with the Zenmuse Z3 is as simple as attaching it to the DJI Inspire 1, Matrice 100 or Matrice 600. Once connected, it works seamlessly with the integrated DJI Lightbridge and Lightbridge 2 found on these platforms to provide 3.1mi (5km) of HD transmission range. Aircraft setup can be further accelerated using the DJI SDK to create industry-specific aircraft automation protocols that maximize aircraft efficiency.
Flight times when used with a DJI Inspire 1 reach up to 19 minutes, and can even reach 30 minutes when flying a dual-battery equipped Matrice 100 and 39 minutes using the Matrice 600. Longer flight times maximize airtime, increasing the efficiency and accuracy of industrial and commercial projects while providing photographers with additional time to wait for the right light, compose and capture the perfect shot.
POWERFUL APP CONTROL
DJI’s GO app is tightly integrated with the Z3, acting as both a live feed to see the camera’s image and the primary control system for the camera. It can be used to change camera settings, swipe to zoom in and out, capture photo or video, and activate Intelligent Flight Modes. Photo and video capture, as well as zoom, can also be controlled through dedicated controls on the Remote Controller.
- Sensor CMOS, 1/2.3″
- Max Pixels: 12.76 M, Effective Pixels: 12.4M Lens 3.5x Optical Zoom, 22–77mm Equivalent
- F2.8 (Wide) – F5.2 (Tele), FOV 92° (Wide) – 35° (Tele) Photo Resolutions 4:3
- L: 12M, 4000×3000
- L: 9M, 4000×2250
- Video Resolutions UHD: 4K (4096×2160) 24/25p
- 4K (3840×2160) 24/25/30p
- 2.7K (2704×1520) 24/25/30p
- FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60p Video Quality Superfine, Fine, Normal Photo Formats JPEG, DNG, JPEG+DNG Video Formats MOV, MP4 Video Repair Feature Supported Working Modes Capture, Record, Playback Still Photography Modes Single shot, Burst shooting: 3/5/7 frames, Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV bias, Time-lapse Exposure Mode Auto, Shutter Exposure Compensation ±3.0 (1/3 increments) Metering Mode Center-weighted metering, Average metering, Spot metering (Area option 12×8) AE Lock Supported Electronic Shutter Speed 8 – 1/8000s White Balance Auto, Sunny, Cloudy, Incandescent, Neon, Custom (2000K–10000K) ISO Range
- 100 – 3200 (video)
- 100 – 1600 (photo)
- Video Captions Supported Anti-flicker Auto, 50Hz, 60Hz PAL/NTSC Supported Supported SD Cards
- Max. Capacity: 64 GB, Class 10 or UHS-1
- Supported File Systems
- FAT32 (≤ 32 GB)
- exFAT (> 32 GB)
- USB Port USB 2.0 Host/Device