Revolutionized Structure. Reliable Operation.
The all-new modular design of the T16 simplifies agricultural work and accelerates daily maintenance. An IP67 rating provides reliable protection for key components of the drone. This is one of the drones from DJI that is made of only quality materials, is durable, and easy to maintain.
A light, yet durable airframe is made of carbon fiber composites and can be quickly folded to 25% of its original size, making it easy for transportation. Both the battery and spray tank can easily be swapped significantly improving the efficiency of power and liquid supply.
Higher Payload. Enhanced Efficiency.
Supported by its outstanding flight performance, the T16 spray tank can carry up to 16 L, and the spray width has increased to 6.5 m. The spraying system has 4 delivery pumps and 8 sprinklers with a maximum spray rate of 4.8 L/min. The T16 can spray 24.7 acres (10 hectares) per hour. The spraying system also has an all-new electromagnetic flow meter, providing higher precision and stability than conventional flow meters.
Powerful System. Increased Safety.
The all-new modular aerial-electronics system in the T16 has dual IMUs and barometers and adopts a propulsion signal redundancy design to ensure flight safety. The GNSS+RTK dual-redundancy system supports centimeter-level positioning. It also supports dual-antenna technology that provides strong resistance against magnetic interference.
Comprehensive Solution. Intelligent Operation.
DJI Agriculture is committed to making the workflow of crop protection more efficient and intelligent. With drones and effective tools, DJI’s agriculture solution greatly simplifies operations, improves efficiency, and increases industrial upgrades.
1. Phantom 4 RTK
High-precision Data Collection
Image Collection of 247 Acres Within 25 Minutes
2. DJI Terra
AI Operation Planning
3. DJI Agriculture Management Platform
Operation Data Management
24.7 Acres Within 1 Hour
2600W 4-Channel Intelligent Battery Charger
Up to four batteries can be charged simultaneously. When using the single-channel quick charging mode, a full charge only takes 20 minutes, a 50% increase in speed from the previous generation. The charger has a built-in battery health management system that monitors critical data in real-time, such as voltage and temperature, to ensure charging safety.
T16 Intelligent Flight Battery
The T16 Intelligent Flight Battery has a capacity of 17,500 mAh and a 14S high voltage system that reduces power consumption. It is designed with an IP54-rated all-metal housing, and heat dissipation efficiency has increased by 140% from the previous generation. Supported by cell-balancing technology, the battery has an increased charging cycle of up to 400, 100% higher than the previous generation, significantly reducing operating costs.
Different Needs. Different Modes.
The T16 provides different modes for flat ground, mountains, and orchards, to meet most operational needs. Up to five T16 aircraft can be controlled by a single T16 remote controller simultaneously, doubling the efficiency of single-pilot operation.
An outstanding propulsion system and slope angle detection technology make it easy to operate in mountainous terrain.
Use the T16 with DJI Terra to build a 3D model of the operation area and identify fruit trees with AI technology. Then, create 3D operation plans according to tree distribution and altitude.
Manual Operation Mode, A-B Route Operation Mode, and Route Operation Mode are available to cover most operational needs.
Remote Control. Safety with Vision.
The T16 supports OcuSync 2.0 HD transmission technology which extends its control range to up to 3 km.  It also has a wide-angle FPV camera and spotlights that can monitor aircraft operation during the day and at night to ensure flight safety.
1. What are the flight capabilities of the T16?
The T16 has a maximum flight altitude of 30 m. The maximum communication distance is 3 km when measured at a flight altitude of 2.5 m. The maximum flight speed is 10 m/s, and the maximum operational flight speed is 7 m/s. Additionally, the T16 can hover for 18 minutes when weighing 24.5 kg during takeoff, and for 10 minutes when weighing 39.5kg.
2. How much area can the T16 cover per hour?
The T16 can spray up to 10 hectares per hour (24.7 acres) with a spray width of 6.5 m, a speed of 6 m/s, and an altitude of 2 m.
3. What are the advantages of the T16 compared to the MG-1P series?
The T16 is equipped with a heavier payload, increased spray width, and enhanced efficiency.
Moreover, its modular design allows for a fast change of the battery and spray tank.
Its core module has an Ingress Protection rating of IP67, and the T16 has a host of features such as Digital Beam Forming (DBF) Imaging Radar, Active Obstacle Circumvention, AI recognizing, and an Orchard Mode.
4. What directions do the propellers of the T16 rotate?
The M2, M4, and M5 propellers rotate clockwise, while the M1, M3, and M6 propellers rotate counterclockwise.
5. What are the differences between the overall layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T16 and other conventional 6-rotor drones?
The layout and rotational direction of the propellers on the T16 create a more stable downward air-flow, which reduces the effect of upward mist, increases the spray width, and generates better sedimentation.
6. Can a single remote controller be used to control multiple T16 aircraft?
7. How do I link the T16 aircraft to its remote controller?
You can press and hold the power button for five seconds to begin linking the two devices.
8.Does the T16 have a separate GPS version and an RTK version?
The T16 is equipped with the RTK+GNSS Dual Redundancy System.
9. Does the T16 support the D-RTK 2?
10. What are the improvements of the T16’s FPV camera compared to the MG-1P? Can FPV videos be saved?
The T16 provides clearer and smoother footage. FPV videos cannot be saved.
11. Is there any required assembly for the T16?
No. The T16 does not need to be assembled. After activation, it is ready for use.
12. Can the T16 airframe be folded?
Yes. The T16 can be quickly folded to 25% of its original size.
13. After I put batteries in the T16, will it power on automatically?
No. You must press and hold the power button on the battery to start the T16.
14. What is the difference between the remote controller of the T16, MG-1P, and Phantom 4 RTK? Are they compatible?
Although the T16, MG-1P, and Phantom 4 RTK remote controllers have different software, they have similar hardware. If you own an MG-1P or Phantom 4 RTK controller, you can update the software to make it compatible with the T16.
15. What is a safe distance to operate the T16 during takeoff and landing?
It is recommended that you keep a distance of at least 10 m.
1. What is the maximum volume of liquid the T16 spray tank can hold? Can the spray tank be replaced quickly?
The standard spray tank is 15 L, and the maximum volume is 16 L. Operators can replace the spray tank quickly.
2. What is the maximum spray rate of the T16?
When equipped with the XR11001VS nozzle, the T16 can spray at a rate of 3.6 L/min. When equipped with the XR110015VS nozzle, it sprays at a rate of 4.8 L/min.
3. What is the pump pressure range of the T16?
4. Are the pumps on the T16 and MG-1P cross-compatible?
5. Are the nozzles and decompression valves on the T16 and MG-1P series cross-compatible?
6. Does the T16 show residual liquids in real-time?
7. What is the purpose of the built-in NFC?
The built-in NFC ensures that the spray tank has been properly installed.
8. What are the advantages of the electromagnetic flow-meter on the T16?
The electromagnetic flow-meter is readily applicable and delivers a high measurement accuracy, with a margin of error of less than ±2%.
Additionally too, measurements are not affected by fluid density, viscosity, temperature, or pressure changes. The electromagnetic flow-meter is resistant to corrosion and wear and is equipped with a stable measuring pipe. This ensures that the flow-meter will be operable over a long period.
1. Is manual operation required when using the active obstacle circumvention feature on the T16?
No. The T16 can circumvent obstacles automatically without manual operation.
2. How does the T16 activate obstacle point cloud imaging?
Obstacle point cloud imaging operates through digital beamforming technology. The obstacle’s width, directional angle, and location can be sensed in real-time so that the T16 can bypass it.
3. In what direction does the high-precision radar operate?
The radar functions in front of and behind the aircraft with a horizontal FOV of ±50° and a vertical FOV of 0°-10°.
4. Are the DBF Imaging Radar of the T16 and the high-precision radar of the MG-1P series cross-compatible?
AI OPERATION PLANNING
1. How does the 3D operation planning function on the T16?
After capturing orthographic images with the Phantom 4 RTK, use the DJI Terra, which supports Orchard Mode, to complete the 3D mapping of the field. Once the operation field is selected, the AI system will automatically identify object attributes such as crops and obstacles and automatically generate 3D operational routes. After these routes are downloaded, the T16 will then automatically start working.
2. What are the similarities and differences between the image collection for 3D operation planning on the T16 and that of the previous PC GS Pro?
Both capture ortho-graphical images shot through the Phantom 4 series, but they create field-maps differently.
3. What can the DJI Terra identify while in Orchard Mode via AI recognition technology?
The DJI Terra can identify orchards, buildings, water surfaces, power-line poles, and the ground.
4. Can the T16 spray above trees that have an uneven layout and various heights?
Yes. The DJI Terra can recognize the location and height of fruit trees thanks to 3D mapping and AI recognition. The T16 only targets fruit trees and adjusts its flight altitude according to tree height to keep a constant distance above the trees.
In the box:
- 1 – DJI Agras T16 Platform
- 2 – T16 Batteries
- 1 – T16 Charger